Just to let you all know, I am going to be updating the Big Stobart Truck Pack and individual trucks. The release date for this update will depend on some outside factors, including GT-Mike’s Scania mod.
The main reasons for the update are:
- Minor compatibility updates.
- Mod compatibility update for the Stobart wheels. (I’ll also be updating the stand alone version on the ‘other mods’ page.)
- Removal of things that shouldn’t be in the mod. Some of you may of noticed that the M. Way wheels and Volvo Lightbox Decals were accidentally included in the truck pack. I have no idea how I managed that, but they will be removed.
- Changing how the are listed in the shop – All skins will now show as Stobart (Truck Name) to make it easier finding a specific name if there are multiple skins on the truck.
- Changing all prices. The prices vary from brand to brand so I am going to make all the similar skins the same price (prices will also be lowered.)
I’m also going to be removing the wheels and light boxes from the single skin files, both will be available via the other mods page. The reason for this is because blender models take up a lot of space compared to just skins. So a lot of space will be saved for the user and my dropbox account if I make them standalone, rather than including them in each appropriate standalone skin.
Both the wheels and light-boxes will continue to be included in the Truck Pack however.
Replica Truck Name Chance
Since I am updating the pack, I am going to give people the option to request a specific replica name. The only rule here is that the name and fleet number must match a real Stobart truck, it doesn’t matter if that truck is in or out of service so long as it existed. I am a member of the Stobart Club so I can easily check and verify details if need be. You don’t have to give me any reason for the name/number; personally I usually name them after the first truck I saw on that style/brand.
For obvious reasons, I don’t want to do too many names on a single brand, so if I end up with a lot of requests for a specific brand I will put all the names in a hat and pick several at random. Below are the Brand/Model open to requests.
To make a request simply ask in reply to this post, on the facebook group or via Alex’s email which can be found in the Welcome blog post.
Classic Skin – Super Space Cab
ESL Livery – Space Cab
ESL Livery – Highroof
ESL Livery – Smallest
ESL Livery – Tallest
ESL Livery – Megaspace/Tallest
Tesco T or F – Medium size
–Scania R & Streamlines–
ESL- Any size
Pirelli – Topline
Allport – Topline
M-Sport – Topline
Stobart Rail – Smallest
Energy Livery (new Biomass) – Highline
WS Transprot – Streamline Highline only
Classic Livery – Globetrotter XL
ESL – Globetrotter XL
ESL – Globetrotter XL
I am always open to custom names on any of the Stobart skins I have done. I keep all my PSD files so it is as simple as clicking the text and retyping. It takes literally two minutes for me to change the name/fleet number of an existing skin plus five to edit the def files. If you plan to request a custom name, always use the email in the Welcome blog post or via facebook only. This is so I can send you the file privately. I keep all custom name requests private, that way it is unique to you.